International School of Personal Training
DO YOU WANT TO STAND OUT OR JUST FIT IN?
become a fitness & nutrition coach BEYOND PERSONAL TRAINING
CREATE YOUR OWN WORK-LIFE BALANCE - love your job
the uk's only pt clinic with members of the public
be more than just an ordinary personal trainer
We are a nationally and internationally recognised provider of Personal Trainer Courses, approved by the European Health and Fitness Association (EHFA), Active IQ, the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) and the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM). We have been delivering UK recognised <strong>personal trainer courses</strong> and taught many students <strong>How to Become a Personal Trainer</strong>, since 2005 and have considerable prior experience delivering Personal Trainer Courses in Australia, and Personal Trainer Courses in Europe, bringing an international flavour to our personal trainer course delivery. We are the UK's only residential School of Personal Training offering exclusive personal training courses to qualify in fitness. With graduates all around the world and throughout the UK we offer a unique approach to personal training course education graduating only relatively small numbers of graduates every year on our personal training courses, properly prepared for their journey ahead. Our residential school is conveniently located in the heart of the UK, easily accessible via motorway or train with full accommodation on site. The school offers a 5 star residence and 5 star education to match. The European Institute of Fitness has been delivering personal trainer courses for 10 years and had refined its approach over this time to offer the most comprehensive and practical-based curriculum in the UK. Getting away from distractions is a wonderful way to undertake a Personal Trainer Course offering the perfect opportunity to immerse yourself in the experience that will leave you ready and raring to embark on your new chosen Personal Trainer Career. The idyllic setting and relaxed atmosphere on-site provides a non-intimidating and focused way to retrain and enjoy the experience. This makes our courses one of a kind in the industry. Everything you need is on-site with classrooms, our own gym studio exclusively for our students and, of course, the great outdoors all on your doorstep.
We don't just offer any old personal trainer courses but provide a unique way to master your new trade. Our personal trainer training offers an immersive approach to qualify as a personal trainer. Whether you choose to study full time or part time all our UK personal training courses have an immersive experience included. Our 4 wee fast track is exactly that, 4 weeks fully immersed in a full time course here at our residential school. Our online personal trainer course has 2 weeks at our residential school of personal training but with 10 weeks home study before you attend. The reason we don't have an online-only option or a home study programme with only one or two weekends with contact with tutors is that our goal is for you to actually be a personal trainer. That is whilst you can qualify i.e. get a certificate saying you are technically qualified as a personal trainer without substantial face to face technical training we don't believe you would have a good chance of ever being one earning your living from personal training.
Our 4 week super fast track to become a personal trainer course offers a fully inclusive residential personal training course for those with no formal background in fitness looking for the ultimate way to move from fitness enthusiast, and Become a Personal Trainer in the shortest possible time. This personal trainer course runs Monday to Friday from 8.30am plus evening Personal Training Clinic and Saturday 9am to 4.30pm. Investments includes all materials, registrations with REPs and NRPT, no additional assessment charges, no resit costs should they be required, no daily commutes, no car parking charges or any other hidden extras. This is a fully taught personal trainer course with no online study.
Our online personal training course is for those unable to study full time, this course offers the full flexibility of home study without the compromise associated with distance education including a 2-week residential practical element to our courses for those all-important practical skills. This personal training course allows students study on Saturday mornings (9am-1pm) or two weekday evenings (7.30pm-9.30pm) with the requirement of a further 4 hours private study per week before attending their Practical at our residential school of personal training offering greater flexibility but without losing the benefits of tutor-led learning and practical face-to-face training.
Our Master Personal Trainer Courses have empowered students to enter the workplace and excel as Personal Trainers since 2005. We are able to incorporate far more content than other relatively short courses due to the fact we are and have always been a residential personal trainer course. This enables students to eat, sleep and breathe personal training by getting away from the distractions of everyday life to study with like-minded people at our School dedicated to Personal Trainer Courses. We have our own facilities ensuring maximal practice opportunities and incorporate a fully functional Personal Training clinic experience into our courses to ensure all graduates leave feeling confident in their abilities. This non-intimidating and supportive environment enables those truly interested in helping people change to excel regardless of the level of "gym" experience they may possess. In 2011 we added a post-graduate personal trainer course to develop the 'Coaching' skills of Personal Trainers. This ACSM endorsed personal trainer course designed to plug the gap between Personal Trainer Courses and Life Coaching was integrated into our Master Trainer award in 2013. In an industry flooded with poorly trained Personal Trainers and less than 15% practical-based Personal Trainer Courses in general, there is an increasing need for trainers to provide time efficient and affordable solutions for their clients, and so our Coaching arm has become an integral aspect of our graduates' businesses and subsequently we now offer an International PT Diploma certifying students as a Fitness & Motivation Coach not just Personal Trainer.
Our unique Personal Trainer Courses offer professional skills training developing not only great skills but inner confidence and the all-important customer service element essential to stand out and attract clients. This is why our graduates are more successful when they leave. No other experience prepares you better than training real PT clients in a PT studio environment. Regular feedback and reflection ensures trainee errors are ironed out well before it counts, with your own clients! Make sure your first paying Personal Training client isn't really your first client and doesn't receive novice personal training but a professional and refined session because you already have 15 hours of Personal Trainer Course experience under your belt before you start. Our Personal Trainer Courses are the only personal trainer course with a student PT clinic. Our online personal trainer course offers LIVE and interactive online training to ensure no learner is left behind! Our live online eClasses can be accessed from wherever you have an internet connection. These live tutor-led sessions offer the chance to interact as you would in a regular classroom, but in a way that fits in with your busy lifestyle. We offer the exact same curriculum with the same levels of support as our residential 4-week residential, but with the flexibility of studying from home. For those choosing the more flexible 10 week online + 14 day practical option you will attend live weekday evening eClasses before 14 days onsite covering more practical content than many other personal training provider's cover on their face-to-face programmes. All live online sessions are recorded in case you miss or need to replay a session to revise. Our online programme in unlike any other online course ensuring student success. Personal Training has become little more than glorified baby sitting with poor earning potential and little differentiation from the traditional gym instructor. You must therefore avoid instructor-like training at all costs! It is today almost impossible to stand out in an increasingly competitive industry unless you do. To avoid the high dropout associated with instructor and regular gym trainer roles we recommend avoiding 'ordinary' ways of qualifying as a PT ignoring claims all you need is your REPs 3. We offer courses that are completely different to create a new career in fitness and help you shine as a competent, confident and successful Personal trainer. Of course we include your REPs registrations and of course you are insured via our partners at NRPT for everything you learn with us. We are the original fast track provider helping students develop careers in fitness since 2005...we train students at our residential school because it's simply the best way to ensure success. Without an intensive and comprehensive training program you will possess a qualification that says you are a Personal Trainer but will lack the confidence to recognise you actually are one.
There are many ways to qualify as a Personal Trainer but you only need to find one. The one you choose needs to provide you with the hands-on practical training and continual support after you finish to convert your commitment and hard work on your Personal Trainer Course into a viable new career as a Personal Trainer and with the European Institute of Fitness, a Fitness and Motivation Coach. Warning: Most courses over assess and under train their students forcing them to continually jump through regulatory hoops, which has become the norm in the UK's tick-box approach to education. We run a completely different system with minimal exams replacing unnecessary assessments and academic assignments with personal support and practical-based on-going assessment. Our curriculum and style of delivery has been refined over the past 10 years bringing experience around the world to shape our unique and purpose-built Personal Trainer Course. The Gold Standard in Personal Trainer Education. We are probably not your easiest option, but your best chance of success! If you are looking for a personal training course that delivers, call our team today.
OK so there are different claims and confusing information about how best to get qualified, what level to train to and how best to proceed. Here's our claim in a nutshell.
There is simply no better way to retrain than intensively putting aside your life as it is for 4 or 2 weeks and immersing yourself in a training experience that not only accelerates your knowledge and skills as a Personal Trainer but as a Fitness & Motivation Coach. You will leave absolutely ready to embark on a new career as a reputable and successful fitness professional. We recognise commuting daily to a near-by centre is far more convenient and potentially more affordable in the short term. That said the daily commute, car parking not to mention lost time in transit come at a cost. The advantages of attending our residential school means once here everything is on your doorstep. The classrooms and gym studio and grounds help you lose yourself in the experience with accommodation all provided minimising the need to do anything other study, train and enjoy being here.
We cut to the chase and offer specific and applied fitness education every day helping every student embrace the experience and grow into the role of successful Fitness and Motivation Coach and EIF Master Trainer. (advanced personal trainer courses) We avoid the more common modular approach picking up credits as you learn to contribute one day being qualified and instead offer a coherent one stop shop to gain the very best fitness education in the world. Our integrated approach links topics together saving time and so packing much more in. For example the same fundamental anatomy and physiology underpins advanced programme design, functional training and sports as well as specific populations. As all students study the entire Personal Trainer Course (not individual modules) we cover anatomy and physiology just once applying it straight away to programme design, functional training and specific populations. Our success rate in terms of course completion is almost 100%. Student transition into the industry is tremendous and our graduates are not alone. Our dedication to ongoing student success is unrivalled. Our PT clinic offers an opportunity for our graduates to start as experienced professionals not new recruits finding their way. Clients only buy personal training from confident and experienced trainers. Get ahead from the start and choose a personal trainer course with a difference..
We are not likely your easiest option. Our Personal Trainer Courses are challenging. That said once students arrive here they stay here with everything on their door step returning 4 weeks (14 days for online) later fully certified and ready to go. Yes there are certainly more convenient ways to retrain. But if you are looking for value, security in your investment and want to avoid the pitfalls experienced by so many trainers, you know now what to do. The cost of choosing a lesser course may be greater than you think... SUMMARY Weigh up your options and work out where you ideally will be 2 years from now. Get excited about this place. Now decide what is the best possible way to get there. Now get started....Not every course is made equal.
Not all Personal Trainers are made equal...
Regardless of how you choose to train to qualify as a Personal Trainer here are 10 simple steps to increase your chance of success -
1. Get a website and make sure you have a clear header that tells visitors what you do and why. Have a clear CTA (Call To Action) usually to either leave their details (in exchange for a great download you have written for them) or call you. And make sure your credentials are loud and proud - testimonials i.e. proof your product works...videos work great!
2. Make sure you can deliver on what you promise and promise in a way that pushes your clients’ emotional buttons. In other words be a damn good PT (don’t take short cuts - then deliver on your promise) and make sure you understand your market (narrow your market so you can better understand them OR make sure your services are totally unique).
3. Optimise your website using Google Places (for business) and follow simple guides (we have them available free) to list your site with free directories and be sure you use the description facility properly.
4. Network and meet people. It doesn’t really matter who. Go to monthly business networking groups (most towns and cities have them) and swap business cards and stories with other business owners in the area. The idea isn’t to necessarily recruit these people as new clients but to get your company in front of their clients. You can use Facebook too but focus on person-to-person interaction first.
5. Deliver seminars and webinars (Google Hangouts are free) to establish yourself as the go-to-PT in town. Learn to deliver well and be passionate about your product. Again don’t take short-cuts, you will get found out!
6. Have a newsletter. You can send your newsletter via email to hundreds of businesses and private health practices for free. You can post it via your social media and you can print a few copies and distribute it around town. A newsletter establishes your credentials especially if you share success stories, are clear about your unique selling proposition and signpost what you do to who and why. This is very soft sales - nice!
7. Be proud to be a Personal Trainer but perhaps call yourself a Fitness and Motivation Coach. Personal Trainers are motivating and exciting ‘facilitators of change’. They earn terrific money but aren’t in it for the money. They lead a healthy and relatively stress-free lifestyle and make a tremendous difference in peoples’ lives. Are you ready to become a great PT? Then become a great PT and stop procrastinating and choose your best route to becoming one, not the easiest route to qualify as one...
8. Have a referral system and plan time each and every week to do marketing work. Yes enjoy being a trainer and focus on this aspect of the job but spend 1/2 a day every week at least working on your business not just in it. Work a full day-a-week on your business not just in it and grow a business that will provide you an income even when you are not working. ‘Nice’ just got better.
9. Stand out. Just don’t be the same as everyone else. When you are, your only way to distinguish yourself will be on price and being cheaper is no way to go!
10. Spend a little more now on getting qualified and learning your new discipline and save a great deal of time, money and sweat later when you are one.
THE NO.1 GOLDEN rule of personal training is to cause clients no harm. In order to keep clients safe trainers need to do at least the following 5 things well -
1. Teach core activation properly. This means ensuring the deep core muscles TVA, internal obliques, pelvic floor and diaphragm fire properly to support their lower back. Particularly the multifidus, involved in controlling spinal rotation, needs to be activated when completing resistance exercises. Being aware superman or supine bridge with alternate leg extension will enable you to achieve this but plank and standard crunch exercises will not, is important.
2. Anterior pelvic tilts are common and worsened and indeed caused by sitting for lengthy periods over time, treadmill running, crunches and sit-ups, hanging leg raises and playing certain sports (i.e. football / kicking) and aided by stretching your hip flexors, strengthening your hamstrings and teaching better core activation. Identifying common pelvic tilts and knowing how to correct them is important (not for “advanced” PTs but for every PT).
3. Upper traps are nearly always tight and can be worsened by upright row, shrugs and poor core activation (i.e. press ups when core isn’t firing properly). To correct we can focus on activating lower traps, adding external rotation exercises to our programmes and stretching or foam rolling our lats.
4. Most people have some degree of left-right muscle imbalance, particularly new mums because of carrying their child on one hip, one-side dominant sports like golf and tennis and people carrying rucksacks on just one side for example... Move away from bilateral work such as parallel lifts (leg press, squats) and towards splits lifts such as lunges, steps ups and single leg squats and unilateral upper body work including working with cables and free weights.
5. Sometimes Gluteus Medius doesn’t fire properly and sometimes it, along with the Ilio-Tibial Band (ITB), can become extremely tight. Know how to activate (toe down, side-lying hip raises for example) and how to release (appropriate PNF stretches and foam rolling/myofascial release) to correct.
So there’s some food for thought to adhere to the golden rule “cause my client no harm”. Getting qualified requires much more than a basic REPS 3 qualification. Becoming an EIF Master Trainer propels you way above this standard to kick start your new career with your best foot forwards.
Important Features of a good Personal Training course
WHERE OTHERS FALL down, our graduates succeed. With 10 years of experience training personal trainers we believe there are three reasons why people often struggle once they qualify. Below are these three reasons and and how to overcome them -
1. Lack of confidence. So many trainers leave their courses with plenty of theory and even a heart full of enthusiasm but no real life experience and certainly no PT experience and so they fall by the wayside as the enthusiasm wanes and the knowledge goes unused whilst they are overlooked by clients and employees choosing more experienced trainers.
As an EIF Master Trainer you will stand out in the industry from day 1, with 15-20 hours of hands-on experience with paying members of the public at our unique PT clinic you will leave us experienced, properly trained and insured to work with different specific population groups, offer support to diabetics or obesity management programmes and to those who desperately need your help. You might provide sports specific programmes for athletes or really get to grips with the health problems in your community.
2. They aren’t good enough. Sounds harsh but with the competition in the industry these days having a smile and knowing your squat from your lunge just isn’t enough, to be the best you need to do so much more than prescribe workouts and count reps. The industry is changing and clients want a lot more from their Personal Trainers.
We strive for excellence in our graduates and our own delivery which is why all of our courses offer an ACSM endorsed Coaching qualification so that our graduates can really help their clients get to the root of what’s holding them back, make permanent lifestyle changes and become your raving fans for LIFE!
3. Lack of Business acumen. Knowing how to build and run a business is key, you can be the best trainer in town but if you don’t know how to tell the world, who’s going to know? Being your own boss is empowering and gives you the freedom to be yourself but you need to know how to run and build a business and that’s what we teach you, so you know how to make money from day 1.
As an EIF Master Trainer you will receive your ILM endorsed business training as standard with every student gaining access to our specific fitness business support for 12 months after they graduate, ensuring you will always have the answers and be ahead of the game.
At EIF we only have approximately 20 places per course and train less than 200 trainers each year to successfully work as PTs in their own studios, gyms and businesses around the world. Our success rate is extraordinary and reverses the industry trend where high trainer dropout is rife and competition is high.
We understand that people are seduced by cheaper initial outlays and we know that our course isn’t always the easiest option, but we know without doubt that it is by far the best and we hate it when we see people struggle as they try to make their way out in the big wide industry!
Have you watched our website video testimonials and success stories? Find out more about How to Become a Personal Trainer -
What IS PERSONAL TRAINING IN THE 21ST CENTURY?
Personal training is changing! No longer is it just about making people sweat. The role of the modern-day Personal Trainer is now as a fitness and LIFESTYLE COACH. Your role is to influence behaviour when you are not around. Increasingly less-fit clients are seeking the help and support from this type of trainer. Such clients do NOT train 4 or 5 times a week. Instead, they will buy into once or twice-a-week personal training and with the the advent of small group PT and 1/2 hr PT this becomes more and more cost-effective. This changing arena means more people are accessing and certainly needing your support. With just limited face-to-face time with clients our graduates are prepared with the necessary lifestyle coaching and behind-the-scenes client management skills to ensure client results without having to afford 4-times-a-week PT. This is the new industry.
All EIF Master Trainers are equipped with the skills, tools and confidence to tackle these new demands. Above all the business of personal training and learning how to market to build such a client group is covered as standard on our courses. Certainly the modern-day PT must be more than just a gym instructor with a few added qualifications. The role is diverse and changing.
HOW TO GET STARTED
SETTING YOURSELF UP as a freelance PT might seem a little daunting. This short article outlines some of the key things you might need to do to ensure success as a PT. Although business books can make out that business is complicated it is in fact simple. It isn’t necessarily easy but as a PT it is just a question of –
1. Registering with REPs and taking out professionalism indemnity insurance – we do this for you and the insurance policy we promote to all EIF Master Trainers covers you for ALL the areas in which we certify you as having proven competence.
2. Registering as self-employed with HM Revenues and Customs – we will show you how on course
3. Creating a clear product or service usually by packaging your product as Gold, VIP, Platinum and Diamond or similar, for example, or as a recurring service billed monthly for example 1, 2 or 3 times a week PT – our training helps you decide what might be best for you by offering a variety of experiences across a range of different formats of PT (one-on-one, small group, BootCamp, outdoors, at-home, studio, nutrition-based, 10 week challenges etc.).
4. Developing an organised marketing strategy often orientated around a good website, email campaign, social media alongside face to face networking and advertising such as attending business networking events, offering seminars, creating a newsletter or offering complimentary try-before-you-buy taster sessions - we will help you set up your approach and support you during your first 12 months.
5. Creating your unique wow management system to ensure YOUR clients say wow every single time – this creates referral and this will minimise your need to externally advertise. This can show up in the form of automating client thank you cards to be posted out once they sign up for one of your packages, finding out clients’ favourite music and playing it in their sessions, remembering and celebrating their birthdays, taking the time to personalise the way to support clients between workouts and, of course, delivering first class personal training every single time - all part and parcel of choosing EIF.
Bored of your Job?
Not doing something you want to do forever? But not sure what do? Thinking about becoming a Personal Trainer?
5 Question to ask yourself first -
1. Where will you be a year from now if you don’t make the change?
2. Can you see yourself working as a successful Personal Trainer?
3. How would you feel if in a few months from now this was a reality – does it feel exciting?
4. Would you rather be freelance and have control in your life rather than be tied down to just a gym job?
5. Would a fully comprehensive course with everything you need including business training and on-going support increase your chance of success?
We specialise in career change helping people make the transition from a job they no longer enjoy into a career as a Personal Trainer they will love making sure the change is a personally and financially rewarding one! If you are considering Personal Training as your first career and are determined to stand out – you too can make sure you are not just a fitness fanatic hoping to sell one-on-one training to those with enough money to afford it but as a professional with the skills and knowledge to transform people’s lives.
Residential School of Personal Training
We can only boast the best success rates, the most comprehensive course, an exclusive PT clinic offering real-life experience with members of the public, the most practical-based curriculum and therefore the best chance of success because we are residential. Of course there are cheaper and easier routes to ‘get qualified’ but there is only one Residential School.
We offer Business training as standard not only on course but for 12 months afterwards! You get your own website and online Client Management System to also ensure client success. Not everyone is aware of what a true Personal Trainer does and how they can positively impact on the lives of others. A freelance PT offers much more than just fitness advice and perhaps some one-on-one training to make sure clients complete enough repetitions of the right exercises with good form and technique but engages with their clients to help them make sustainable changes in their lifestyle.
1. True Personal Trainers are motivators and agents of change supporting clients in nutrition and lifestyle modification as well as in exercise and fitness.
2. A true Personal Trainer can work in a gym although today this can too easily be seen as little more than an advanced gym instructor and certainly with the pressure for health clubs to drive their membership fees up can be swamped with membership retention priorities rather than supporting long lasting lifestyle change.
3. True Personal Trainers also work outdoors delivering boxing pad work, bootcamp training, walking and run clubs, bodyweight based strength training programmes and much more.
4. True Personal Trainers own their own studios, work in other PT studio and local halls creating comfortable and supportive solutions for their clients.
5. True Personal Trainers make really good money too. They don’t become engaged in lowly paid gym instructor work but strive to provide high value services at fair remuneration for themselves. This shows up in terms of 30 minute private PT sessions as well as hour-long semi-private training offering clients affordable (semi-private) and time efficient (½ hr PT) ways to work out and get fit. Such delivery also increases trainers’ personal income.
6. True Personal Trainers are small business owners. They understand they shouldn’t trade their time for money and sell by the hour Personal Training but should package their product into clearly sell-able solutions tailored to their clients’ needs. They set up monthly payment plans and establish themselves as the go-to Personal Trainer in town.
7. True Personal Trainers are lifestyle coaches. They understand it is what clients do when they are not around that mostly determines the results they achieve with their clients. This requires superior communication and coaching skills than more ordinary Personal Trainers!
8. True Personal Trainers understand their own personal development is critical. They embrace the need to work on themselves not just pick up qualifications and that as they grow so does their business.
9. The impact of true Personal Trainers is significant too. By helping clients get strong, feel confident and gain control in their life especially in regards stress management and nutrition they truly transform lives. No other profession quite engages with people like Personal Training. The motivational, exercise and nutritional support they offer sets them aside from Doctors and Nurses, Instructors and Therapists, Surgeons and Consultants and indeed any other health or medical practitioner because of the whole-person approach and coaching style they adopt. The best personal training courses know this and build their curriculum around such considerations.
People are not capable of looking after their own health and fitness. Supermarkets and pharmaceutical companies profit from over-consumption of food and the medication of disease. Just as athletes need a Coach to perform at their best, business owners all around the world are engaging in business Coaches to help them grow their businesses and therefore perform optimally. True Personal Trainers understand their role as Coaches helping their clients live an optimal life through better health and fitness. Creating safe and time efficient ways for people to work out, guiding eating and drinking patterns, supporting clients to remain motivated and making a difference where clubs, diets and general nutrition guidelines have failed is what true Personal Training is all about.
To become a true Personal Trainer will take a great deal more than just an ordinary REPs 3 course bolting on different extras to counter a lack of substantial training in the first place. Are you ready to stand out from the pack?
WHY CHOOSE EIF?
1. INTENSE IMMERSIVE TRAINING
Away from distractions with like-minded people to focus and re-invent yourself – eat, sleep & breathe personal training
2. CONFIDENCE-BUILDING EXPERIENCE
Practical-based training including the UK’s ONLY PT clinic to gain real life experience before you start charging clients for real
3. A BESPOKE CURRICULUM FIT FOR THE MODERN-DAY TRAINER
A lifestyle coaching focus throughout, business as standard and fully comp! Everything from small group PT to specialist training in accelerated fat loss, obesity and diabetes as well corrective exercise and postural retraining, older adults, pregnancy and so much more…
4. INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNISED QUALIFICATIONS
No ordinary personal trainer course. Become a Master Trainer and ACSM Lifestyle-Fitness Coach.
There are 2 types of Personal Trainer:
1. A CLUB-BASED INSTRUCTOR L2/L3
Thousands with exactly the same qualifications fighting for the same clients.
Easy & cheap to qualify but high dropout.
2. A FREELANCE PT
Few and far between.
More difficult to achieve but earning potential is good, job satisfaction high and you are your own boss and can make a real difference in peoples’ lives.
We train students to be the latter!
Award 1: MASTER TRAINER including:
Active IQ Advanced Diploma in Personal Training (REPs level 3 / EREPs level 4)
+ EIF Exercise Specialist (certified in how to train specific populations including older adults, clients with arthritis, high blood pressure and osteoporosis, pre and post natal women, clients with diabetes, who are obese and adolescents; covers posture and corrective exercise helping address rounded shoulders, pelvic tilts and common muscles imbalances; includes TRX and Swiss ball training, core stability and functional training for sports and rehabilitation, sports fitness testing, boxing and pad work, mobile and outdoor delivery and small group PT.
+ EIF Nutrition Coach (certified in accelerated fat loss and nutritional coaching including how to deliver a supermarket tour, use food diaries and shape behaviour change via formal and informal coaching consultations, online client management tools and appropriate supplementation.
[NB All training is covered under our recommended £5 million professional indemnity and public liability insurance policy via our partner NRPT]
Award 2: American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) endorsed Lifestyle-Fitness Coach:
This ACSM endorsed certification includes training to become a Fitness and Motivation Coach and Behaviour Modification specialist using Motivational Interviewing as a style of communication borrowing from the Steve Peter’s the Chimp Paradox, Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) and Cognitive Behavioural Theory (CBT) to offer an applied PT coaching approach. You will be able to implement these skills immediately into every-day personal training delivery or as a standalone coaching service. This certification covers stress coaching, behaviour change theory and application, and how to coach and manage lasting behaviour and lifestyle change.
Award 3: ILM Fitness Business certificate including:
Business set up and administration – how to register, manage and grow a small business including taking out insurance and managing the financial and operational side of being your own boss. Product development and packaging – how to create attractive packages and services to differentiate your business from the opposition including how to price your product, what services to offer and how to set up automated monthly payment options for clients too. Marketing and sales – including setting up your own website and auto-email campaigns, social media and related online marketing streams as well as off-line marketing such as posters and flyers, getting your car wrapped, attending business networking events, creating monthly eNewsletters and developing effective referral campaigns to reduce your need to advertise at all. Client management and business growth – including client scheduling, invoicing and general business administration; also includes how to maintain good client records as well as implement sound business systems to help streamline and grow your business including how to create online secondary income streams to earn whilst you sleep.
Unit 1: Fitness Foundation
This aspect of your training covers principles of motivation and behaviour change, applied anatomy and physiology, movement mechanics and exercise analysis as well as cardiovascular fitness and energy systems, digestion and the fundamentals of nutrition.
Unit 2: PT Skills
We cover PT boxing and pad work, spotting technique, assisted stretching and core stability training as well as how to deliver mobile and outdoor PT using TRX, Swiss balls, body weight exercises and minimal equipment-based training methods. A massive feature in this section is our focus on small group PT and therefore how to offer more affordable services to your clients, adding a social component whilst maintaining the feel of one-to-one personal training.
Unit 3: Advanced Programme Design
Covers fitness principles and components of fitness, programming for health, shape and performance, alternative overload techniques and continuous and high intensity interval / metabolic training methods. This continues into PT clinic where all students write programmes and deliver their programmes to members of the public attending our daily clinic.
Unit 4: Nutrition and Weight Management
This aspect of your training covers the science of accelerated fat loss and specifically how to deliver our bespoke kick-start programme teaching clients about key hormones and successful fat loss, how to raise metabolism, some essentials of supplementation in terms of when to consider safe supplementation and how to refine nutrition for performance. This section also includes a trip to the supermarket to learn how to deliver a supermarket tour, practice formal nutrition consultations and take accurate and reliable measures of body composition.
Unit 5: Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching
Covers principles of lifestyle coaching and behaviour change and how to deliver a 7 step coaching session. You will learn several coaching tools and strategies, develop face-to-face coaching skills and consider the business of coaching and whether to integrate delivery into your every-day practice or set up telephone-based on online coaching options for your clients. We also consider how to apply these skills to help clients struggling with stress, time management or other health-related behaviours and assist them to better manage their lifestyle in general.
Unit 6: Posture and Corrective Exercise
This aspect of your training ensures you are properly prepared for the reality of training regular members of the public who have previously been more sedentary and includes how to assess posture, correct common muscle imbalances via your programme writing and prescribe specific corrective exercises and stretches to fix different pelvic tilts that often lead to lower back problems and rounder shoulders.
Unit 7: Functional Training, Sports and Rehabilitation
This area focuses on working with cables, combined movement patterns, bosus and dura-discs to challenge stability rather than load, helping clients functionally progress with their training, meaning to perform movements (rehabilitation) or sports better. You will also learn how to deliver a range of sports fitness assessments, support conditioning programmes for more athletic clients, help prevent injuries and support the management of them.
Unit 8: Clinical Exercise and Specific Populations
We look at the aging process and role of exercise and healthy eating to contribute to quality of life, how to adapt training for older adults, clients with arthritis, osteoporosis and high blood pressure as well as how to work with pregnancy, adolescents, diabetes and obesity. We also explore how to set up formal PT networks and referral with GPs and other allied health professionals and really impact on such specific populations using the small group PT format and coaching approaches previously developed.
Unit 9: PT Business
Although a consistent focus on business throughout the entire course this aspect teaches you specifically how to set-up and administer a new small business. We include workshops to help define your purpose and vision for your future, create attractive products and services for your target market and then market to them on a tight budget. You will create a simple but effective marketing plan whilst on course and learn how to management and grow your business through developing systems to assist your scheduling and ongoing client management. Finally, you will learn what to include in a single page business plan indeed write one to help focus your actions after your time with us on course.
Unit 10: PT Clinic
You will train a range of members of the public under supervision for real throughout your practical training with us helping develop the confidence and experience you need to stand out and succeed after you graduate.
To find out more about how to choose the right personal training course for you, call our careers team today 01743 770 600
THIS IS WHY WE EXCEL.
THE ULTIMATE LEARNING ENVIRONMENT
Get away from distractions to EAT, SLEEP & BREATHE Personal Training!
- More practical
- More comprehensive
- More confident
A unique training experience and bespoke qualification to be more than just a personal trainer
Immerse yourself in a training experience
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ
1. To go from fitness enthusiast to paid fitness professional is not easy.
2. Getting "qualified" is only part of the equation.
3. We're about training the person becoming the personal trainer helping them develop the skills, confidence and business acumen they need to excel.
4. Immersive training helps you get away and focus on becoming a serious fitness professional.
5. You get to work with members of the public in our exclusive PT clinic, study a modern-day PT curriculum and ultimately stand out as an internationally recognised personal trainer and fitness and nutrition coach!
6. Get 24 months continuing professional development and ongoing business support for free to ensure your success as a freelance PT.
Turn your passion for fitness into a sustainable career as a freelance PT and certified Fitness & Nutrition Coach.
Book a career strategy call today
OR CALL 01743 770 600
To receive our FULL COURSE PROSPECTUS please complete the form at the bottom of this page.
EAT, SLEEP & BREATHE PERSONAL TRAINING
Choose our 4 week full immersion or online study option.
Choose our Online programme: Live and Interactive
10 weeks online in our virtual classroom plus 2 week intensive at our Residential School.
+ 24 month continuing professional development career and business support programme FREE
Choose our 4 Week Residential: Full Immersion
4 weeks full time at our Residential School - no online study for those who prefer face-to-face learning only.
+ 24 month continuing professional development career and business support programme FREE
RESIDENTIAL - The UK's only residential PT school to get away from distractions to eat, sleep & breathe Personal Training.
PT CLINIC - The UK's ONLY PT clinic to train members of the public for real whist you qualify.
PRACTICAL-BASED TRAINING - Private fitness studio exclusively for our students offering a non-intimidating practical focus throughout the course.
BESPOKE CURRICULUM - The immersive nature of our training away from distractions provides an optimal learning environment to learn more, faster.
LIVE Online home study programme - Live and interactive fully tutor-led learning + 2 week intensive.
BETTER CAREER OUTCOMES - The confidence-building nature and practical focus throughout our training means our students succeed where so many fail!
Our courses are not for everyone. But those who study with us go on to achieve great things. If you are serious about making your passion your profession, we would love to chat with you - 01743 770 600.
WHY CHOOSE THE EUROPEAN INSTITUTE OF FITNESS?
Internationally recognised - We have graduates in France, Italy and Spain; in Japan, China, Hong Kong and Singapore. We have graduates in Canada, the United States, Brazil, Nigeria and South Africa; in Australia, New Zealand, Dubai, Bahrain and of course throughout the UK. You will gain UK, European and US - endorsed certifications to stand out right from the start.
A reputation for quality - We have shaped careers in fitness since 2005 offering the most comprehensive and practical-based course on the market.
Are you ready to BECOME A FREELANCE PT?
These people were.
OUR SUCCESS STORIES - WHERE ARE THEY NOW?
We help people believe, in themselves, in others, and in what they do.
We help to shape attitudes, to be positive and infectious.
And by providing a stimulating and supportive environment, instil a sense of discipline for people to achieve their dreams.
We touch the lives of every student...and in turn empower them to touch thousands more.
And by encouraging students to explore their passions and test their limits they discover their true purpose.
You will likely only retrain once, make it count.
With us you are not just a number but a valued student and graduate we know we will be proud of. Find out more how to be a personal trainer here.
The beautiful Bryn Tanat Hall is set away from distractions offering a comfortable and private setting for people to relax and enjoy their training.
With five-star self-catering facilities, as well as a light lunch, provided each day, you can relax in the evenings to cook, study, relax in the hot tub, play a set of tennis or take a run in the beautiful surrounds.
Whether you choose to attend for the full 4 weeks or just 2 weeks on our home-study option residential study makes all the difference. You will leave confident and properly prepared for the future that awaits. Once here there are no daily commutes, no distractions and absolutely no excuses. You will return an EIF Master Trainer and Fitness & Nutrition Coach ready to enjoy your new chosen profession.
EIF Master Trainers qualify with the Belief, Attitude and Discipline to stand out. They understand, in order to achieve more, they have to be more.
GET IN TOUCH
DOWNLOAD OUR LATEST REPORT
'ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO PERSONAL TRAINING'
Get our full course prospectus or simply ask a question.
Want to talk with an experienced trainer about your future - CALL our careers team today
0845 0944 007
We are committed to helping the small amount of trainers we teach, make a big impact in the lives of others.
We make training with EIF an experience.
© Copyright European Institute of Fitness 2015 | Bryn Tanat Hall, Llansantffraid, Powys SY22 6BA
Tel: 0845 0944 007 • Careers Office 01743 770 600 | Terms/Privacy