SCHOOL OF PERSONAL TRAINING
CALL 01743 770 600
We are a nationally and internationally recognised provider of Personal Training Courses, approved by the European Health and Fitness Association (EHFA), Active IQ, the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) and the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM). We have been delivering UK recognised personal training courses and taught many students How to Become a Personal Trainer, since 2005 and have considerable prior experience delivering Personal Trainer Courses in Australia, and Personal Trainer Courses in Europe, bringing an international flavour to our personal trainer course delivery.
We are the UK's only residential School of Personal Training offering exclusive personal training courses to qualify in fitness. With graduates all around the world and throughout the UK we offer a unique approach to personal training course education graduating only relatively small numbers of graduates every year on our personal training courses, properly prepared for their journey ahead. Our residential school is conveniently located in the heart of the UK, easily accessible via motorway or train with full accommodation on site. The school offers a 5 star residence and 5 star education to match. The European Institute of Fitness has been delivering personal trainer courses for 10 years and had refined its approach over this time to offer the most comprehensive and practical-based curriculum in the UK. Getting away from distractions is a wonderful way to undertake a Personal Training Course offering the perfect opportunity to immerse yourself in the experience that will leave you ready and raring to embark on your new chosen Personal Trainer Career. The idyllic setting and relaxed atmosphere on-site provides a non-intimidating and focused way to retrain and enjoy the experience. This makes our courses one of a kind in the industry. Everything you need is on-site with classrooms, our own gym studio exclusively for our students and, of course, the great outdoors all on your doorstep.
We don't just offer any old personal trainer courses but provide a unique way to master your new trade. Our personal trainer training offers an immersive approach to qualify as a personal trainer. Whether you choose to study full time or part time all our UK personal training courses have an immersive experience included. Our 4 wee fast track is exactly that, 4 weeks fully immersed in a full time course here at our residential school. Our online personal trainer course has 2 weeks at our residential school of personal training but with 10 weeks home study before you attend. The reason we don't have an online-only option or a home study programme with only one or two weekends with contact with tutors is that our goal is for you to actually be a personal trainer. That is whilst you can qualify i.e. get a certificate saying you are technically qualified as a personal trainer without substantial face to face technical training we don't believe you would have a good chance of ever being one earning your living from personal training.
Our 4 week super fast track to become a personal trainer course offers a fully inclusive residential personal training course for those with no formal background in fitness looking for the ultimate way to move from fitness enthusiast, and Become a Personal Trainer in the shortest possible time. This personal trainer course runs Monday to Friday from 8.30am plus evening Personal Training Clinic and Saturday 9am to 4.30pm. Investments includes all materials, registrations with REPs and NRPT, no additional assessment charges, no resit costs should they be required, no daily commutes, no car parking charges or any other hidden extras. This is a fully taught personal trainer course with no online study.
Our online personal training course is for those unable to study full time, this course offers the full flexibility of home study without the compromise associated with distance education including a 2-week residential practical element to our courses for those all-important practical skills. This personal training course allows students study on Saturday mornings (9am-1pm) or two weekday evenings (7.30pm-9.30pm) with the requirement of a further 4 hours private study per week before attending their Practical at our residential school of personal training offering greater flexibility but without losing the benefits of tutor-led learning and practical face-to-face training.
Our Master Personal Trainer Courses have empowered students to enter the workplace and excel as Personal Trainers since 2005. We are able to incorporate far more content than other relatively short courses due to the fact we are and have always been a residential personal trainer course. This enables students to eat, sleep and breathe personal training by getting away from the distractions of everyday life to study with like-minded people at our School dedicated to Personal Trainer Courses. We have our own facilities ensuring maximal practice opportunities and incorporate a fully functional Personal Training clinic experience into our courses to ensure all graduates leave feeling confident in their abilities. This non-intimidating and supportive environment enables those truly interested in helping people change to excel regardless of the level of "gym" experience they may possess. In 2011 we added a post-graduate personal trainer course to develop the 'Coaching' skills of Personal Trainers. This ACSM endorsed personal trainer course designed to plug the gap between Personal Trainer Courses and Life Coaching was integrated into our Master Trainer award in 2013. In an industry flooded with poorly trained Personal Trainers and less than 15% practical-based Personal Trainer Courses in general, there is an increasing need for trainers to provide time efficient and affordable solutions for their clients, and so our Coaching arm has become an integral aspect of our graduates' businesses and subsequently we now offer an International PT Diploma certifying students as a Fitness & Motivation Coach not just Personal Trainer.
...offer professional skills training developing not only great skills but inner confidence and the all-important customer service element essential to stand out and attract clients. This is why our graduates are more successful when they leave. No other experience prepares you better than training real PT clients in a PT studio environment. Regular feedback and reflection ensures trainee errors are ironed out well before it counts, with your own clients! Make sure your first paying Personal Training client isn't really your first client and doesn't receive novice personal training but a professional and refined session because you already have 15 hours of Personal Trainer Course experience under your belt before you start. Our Personal Trainer Courses are the only personal trainer course with a student PT clinic. Our online personal trainer course offers LIVE and interactive online training to ensure no learner is left behind! Our live online eClasses can be accessed from wherever you have an internet connection. These live tutor-led sessions offer the chance to interact as you would in a regular classroom, but in a way that fits in with your busy lifestyle. We offer the exact same curriculum with the same levels of support as our residential 4-week residential, but with the flexibility of studying from home. For those choosing the more flexible 10 week online + 14 day practical option you will attend live weekday evening eClasses before 14 days onsite covering more practical content than many other personal training provider's cover on their face-to-face programmes. All live online sessions are recorded in case you miss or need to replay a session to revise. Our online programme in unlike any other online course ensuring student success. Personal Training has become little more than glorified baby sitting with poor earning potential and little differentiation from the traditional gym instructor. You must therefore avoid instructor-like training at all costs! It is today almost impossible to stand out in an increasingly competitive industry unless you do. To avoid the high dropout associated with instructor and regular gym trainer roles we recommend avoiding 'ordinary' ways of qualifying as a PT ignoring claims all you need is your REPs 3. We offer courses that are completely different to create a new career in fitness and help you shine as a competent, confident and successful Personal trainer. Of course we include your REPs registrations and of course you are insured via our partners at NRPT for everything you learn with us. We are the original fast track provider helping students develop careers in fitness since 2005...we train students at our residential school because it's simply the best way to ensure success. Without an intensive and comprehensive training program you will possess a qualification that says you are a Personal Trainer but will lack the confidence to recognise you actually are one.
There are many ways to qualify as a Personal Trainer but you only need to find one. The one you choose needs to provide you with the hands-on practical training and continual support after you finish to convert your commitment and hard work on your Personal Trainer Course into a viable new career as a Personal Trainer and with the European Institute of Fitness, a Fitness and Motivation Coach. Warning: Most courses over assess and under train their students forcing them to continually jump through regulatory hoops, which has become the norm in the UK's tick-box approach to education. We run a completely different system with minimal exams replacing unnecessary assessments and academic assignments with personal support and practical-based on-going assessment. Our curriculum and style of delivery has been refined over the past 10 years bringing experience around the world to shape our unique and purpose-built Personal Trainer Course. The Gold Standard in Personal Trainer Education. We are probably not your easiest option, but your best chance of success! If you are looking for a personal training course that delivers, call our team today.
OK so there are different claims and confusing information about how best to get qualified, what level to train to and how best to proceed. Here's our claim in a nutshell.
There is simply no better way to retrain than intensively putting aside your life as it is for 4 or 2 weeks and immersing yourself in a training experience that not only accelerates your knowledge and skills as a Personal Trainer but as a Fitness & Motivation Coach. You will leave absolutely ready to embark on a new career as a reputable and successful fitness professional. We recognise commuting daily to a near-by centre is far more convenient and potentially more affordable in the short term. That said the daily commute, car parking not to mention lost time in transit come at a cost. The advantages of attending our residential school means once here everything is on your doorstep. The classrooms and gym studio and grounds help you lose yourself in the experience with accommodation all provided minimising the need to do anything other study, train and enjoy being here.
We cut to the chase and offer specific and applied fitness education every day helping every student embrace the experience and grow into the role of successful Fitness and Motivation Coach and EIF Master Trainer. (advanced personal trainer courses) We avoid the more common modular approach picking up credits as you learn to contribute one day being qualified and instead offer a coherent one stop shop to gain the very best fitness education in the world. Our integrated approach links topics together saving time and so packing much more in. For example the same fundamental anatomy and physiology underpins advanced programme design, functional training and sports as well as specific populations. As all students study the entire Personal Trainer Course (not individual modules) we cover anatomy and physiology just once applying it straight away to programme design, functional training and specific populations. Our success rate in terms of course completion is almost 100%. Student transition into the industry is tremendous and our graduates are not alone. Our dedication to ongoing student success is unrivalled. Our PT clinic offers an opportunity for our graduates to start as experienced professionals not new recruits finding their way. Clients only buy personal training from confident and experienced trainers. Get ahead from the start and choose a personal trainer course with a difference..
We are not likely your easiest option. Our Personal Trainer Courses are challenging. That said once students arrive here they stay here with everything on their door step returning 4 weeks (14 days for online) later fully certified and ready to go. Yes there are certainly more convenient ways to retrain. But if you are looking for value, security in your investment and want to avoid the pitfalls experienced by so many trainers, you know now what to do. The cost of choosing a lesser course may be greater than you think... SUMMARY Weigh up your options and work out where you ideally will be 2 years from now. Get excited about this place. Now decide what is the best possible way to get there. Now get started....Not every course is made equal.
Not all Personal Trainers are made equal...
Regardless of how you choose to train to qualify as a Personal Trainer here are 10 simple steps to increase your chance of success -
1. Good personal trainer courses will help you get a website and make sure you have a clear header that tells visitors what you do and why. Have a clear CTA (Call To Action) usually to either leave their details (in exchange for a great download you have written for them) or call you. And make sure your credentials are loud and proud - testimonials i.e. proof your product works...videos work great!
2. Good personal trainer courses will make sure you can deliver on what you promise and promise in a way that pushes your clients’ emotional buttons. In other words be a damn good PT (don’t take short cuts - then deliver on your promise) and make sure you understand your market (narrow your market so you can better understand them OR make sure your services are totally unique).
3. Good personal trainer courses will show you how to optimise your website using Google Places (for business) and follow simple guides (we have them available free) to list your site with free directories and be sure you use the description facility properly.
4. Good personal training courses will teach you to network and meet people. It doesn’t really matter who. Go to monthly business networking groups (most towns and cities have them) and swap business cards and stories with other business owners in the area. The idea isn’t to necessarily recruit these people as new clients but to get your company in front of their clients. You can use Facebook too but focus on person-to-person interaction first.
5. Good personal training courses will teach you to deliver seminars and webinars (Google Hangouts are free) to establish yourself as the go-to-PT in town. Learn to deliver well and be passionate about your product. Again don’t take short-cuts, you will get found out!
6. Good personal training courses will tell you about the importance of having a newsletter. You can send your newsletter via email to hundreds of businesses and private health practices for free. You can post it via your social media and you can print a few copies and distribute it around town. A newsletter establishes your credentials especially if you share success stories, are clear about your unique selling proposition and signpost what you do to who and why. This is very soft sales - nice!
7. Be proud to be a Personal Trainer but perhaps call yourself a Fitness and Motivation Coach. Personal Trainers are motivating and exciting ‘facilitators of change’. They earn terrific money but aren’t in it for the money. They lead a healthy and relatively stress-free lifestyle and make a tremendous difference in peoples’ lives. Are you ready to become a great PT? Then become a great PT and stop procrastinating and choose your best route to becoming one, not the easiest route to qualify as one...
8. Have a referral system and plan time each and every week to do marketing work. Yes enjoy being a trainer and focus on this aspect of the job but spend 1/2 a day every week at least working on your business not just in it. Work a full day-a-week on your business not just in it and grow a business that will provide you an income even when you are not working. ‘Nice’ just got better.
9. Great personal training courses indeed the best personal training courses we help you stand out. Just don’t be the same as everyone else. When you are, your only way to distinguish yourself will be on price and being cheaper is no way to go!
10. Finally the best personal trainer courses may be a little more expensive but becoming a personal trainer requires you to learn your new discipline properly, which will save a great deal of time, money and sweat later when you are one.
What IS PERSONAL TRAINING IN THE 21ST CENTURY?
Personal training is changing! No longer is it just about making people sweat. The role of the modern-day Personal Trainer is now as a fitness and LIFESTYLE COACH. Your role is to influence behaviour when you are not around. Increasingly less-fit clients are seeking the help and support from this type of trainer. Such clients do NOT train 4 or 5 times a week. Instead, they will buy into once or twice-a-week personal training and with the the advent of small group PT and 1/2 hr PT this becomes more and more cost-effective. This changing arena means more people are accessing and certainly needing your support. With just limited face-to-face time with clients our graduates are prepared with the necessary lifestyle coaching and behind-the-scenes client management skills to ensure client results without having to afford 4-times-a-week PT. This is the new industry. Our personal trainer courses and personal training courses are one of a kind.
All EIF Master Trainers are equipped with the skills, tools and confidence to tackle these new demands. Above all the business of personal training and learning how to market to build such a client group is covered as standard on our courses. Certainly the modern-day PT must be more than just a gym instructor with a few added qualifications. The role is diverse and changing.
We offer Business training as standard not only on course but for 12 months afterwards! You get your own website and online Client Management System to also ensure client success. Not everyone is aware of what a true Personal Trainer does or what to look for in a personal training course never mind how they can positively impact on the lives of others. A freelance PT offers much more than just fitness advice and perhaps some one-on-one training to make sure clients complete enough repetitions of the right exercises with good form and technique but engages with their clients to help them make sustainable changes in their lifestyle.
1. True Personal Trainers are motivators and agents of change supporting clients in nutrition and lifestyle modification as well as in exercise and fitness.
2. A true Personal Trainer can work in a gym although today this can too easily be seen as little more than an advanced gym instructor and certainly with the pressure for health clubs to drive their membership fees up can be swamped with membership retention priorities rather than supporting long lasting lifestyle change.
3. True Personal Trainers also work outdoors delivering boxing pad work, bootcamp training, walking and run clubs, bodyweight based strength training programmes and much more.
4. True Personal Trainers own their own studios, work in other PT studio and local halls creating comfortable and supportive solutions for their clients.
5. True Personal Trainers make really good money too. They don’t become engaged in lowly paid gym instructor work but strive to provide high value services at fair remuneration for themselves. This shows up in terms of 30 minute private PT sessions as well as hour-long semi-private training offering clients affordable (semi-private) and time efficient (½ hr PT) ways to work out and get fit. Such delivery also increases trainers’ personal income.
6. True Personal Trainers are small business owners. They understand they shouldn’t trade their time for money and sell by the hour Personal Training but should package their product into clearly sell-able solutions tailored to their clients’ needs. They set up monthly payment plans and establish themselves as the go-to Personal Trainer in town.
7. True Personal Trainers are lifestyle coaches. They understand it is what clients do when they are not around that mostly determines the results they achieve with their clients. This requires superior communication and coaching skills than more ordinary Personal Trainers!
8. True Personal Trainers understand their own personal development is critical. They embrace the need to work on themselves not just pick up qualifications and that as they grow so does their business.
9. The impact of true Personal Trainers is significant too. By helping clients get strong, feel confident and gain control in their life especially in regards stress management and nutrition they truly transform lives. No other profession quite engages with people like Personal Training. The motivational, exercise and nutritional support they offer sets them aside from Doctors and Nurses, Instructors and Therapists, Surgeons and Consultants and indeed any other health or medical practitioner because of the whole-person approach and coaching style they adopt. The best personal training courses know this and build their curriculum around such considerations.
People are not capable of looking after their own health and fitness. Supermarkets and pharmaceutical companies profit from over-consumption of food and the medication of disease. Just as athletes need a Coach to perform at their best, business owners all around the world are engaging in business Coaches to help them grow their businesses and therefore perform optimally. True Personal Trainers understand their role as Coaches helping their clients live an optimal life through better health and fitness. Creating safe and time efficient ways for people to work out, guiding eating and drinking patterns, supporting clients to remain motivated and making a difference where clubs, diets and general nutrition guidelines have failed is what true Personal Training is all about.
To become a Personal Trainer will take a great deal more than just an ordinary REPs 3 course bolting on different extras to counter a lack of substantial training in the first place. Are you ready to stand out from the pack?
To find out more about how to choose the right personal training course for you, call our careers team today 01743 770 600. Remember
About Our PT School
Online + 2-Week Practical
Our Quals - compare courses
How to become a PT
Watch more videos
A NEW ERA IN PERSONAL TRAINING
No longer just a gym job
So much more than making people sweat
Are you ready to become a 21st Century Fitness Professional and BE MORE than just an ordinary Personal Trainer?
WATCH THIS VIDEO
WATCH THIS VIDEO
AND THEN ATTEND OUR RESIDENTIAL SCHOOL FOR 2 WEEKS TO COMPLETE YOUR PERSONAL TRAINING COURSE
Live & Interactive Home Study
Full residential 2-week practical
Study Online without compromise!
STUDY FULL TIME
IMMERSE YOURSELF IN ONE OF OUR PERSONAL TRAINER COURSES FOR FOUR WEEKS
Study with like-minded people
Graduate confident ready to earn
THIS IS WHY WE EXCEL.
THE ULTIMATE LEARNING ENVIRONMENT
Today's Personal Trainer is a motivator, a nutrition coach and an exercise specialist all rolled into one. Your role is to empower clients to take back control so that they can get fit, lose weight and feel good for life. You can specialise in accelerated weight loss, sports conditioning or corporate fitness; work outdoors, in clients' own homes or in a gym. But the key is to help clients achieve RESULTS.
Our Residential School offers students a much MORE COMPREHENSIVE and a much MORE PRACTICAL course and, therefore, a much greater chance of SUCCESS than other personal trainer courses...because it's residential!
More Comprehensive, More Practical... No ordinary Personal Trainer course!
Everything from PT box, mobile and small group Personal Training and nutrition coaching to how to train clients with diabetes, lower back pain and high blood pressure.
A bespoke comprehensive personal trainer curriculum for the modern-day PT.
Unique hands-on approach to help students learn quicker.
Unique opportunity to leave 100% confident with 10-20 hours of real-life PT experience already under your belt so that YOUR first paying client feels like your 21st.
Develop confidence training members of the public for real before you graduate.
Lifestyle coaching to help assure your clients the best possible results and make sure YOU stand out from the crowd. Our personal trainer courses bridge the gap between PT and life coach.
Unique coaching focus to learn how to motivate people and influence behaviours when you are not around.
Become a freelance or self-employed personal trainer with confidence with 24 months ongoing business support after you leave.
Everything from website development to how to manage your finances including product development, sales, marketing and business set-up and growth.
100% READY TO TRANSFORM LIVES THROUGH FITNESS AND EARN AS A PERSONAL TRAINER & LIFESTYLE COACH AS SOON AS YOU GRADUATE!
Are you ready to become a great motivator?
Do you want to learn how to correct poor posture, write progressive functional training programs and teach core stability properly?
Would you like to know more about accelerated fat loss, metabolism and how to coach lasting lifestyle change?
How does working with a range of clients such as those suffering medical conditions including diabetes and high blood pressure or those wanting to lose weight for a specific event or helping clients perform their very best in their chose athletic endeavour sound?
Listen to Conrad talk about his experience and below to hear more about our personal trainer courses.
CLICK HERE TO PLAY VIDEO!
Life's too short to go to work every day doing something you just don't enjoy.
LOVE YOUR JOB
We have been delivering residential and online personal trainer courses since 2005. Our students don't want an "ordinary" Personal Training course. They want to stand out! They are a little older than the average, are more serious about creating a new career for themselves than the average and are prepared to invest a little more in their future than the average. As a consequence nearly ALL go on to succeed!
This is no ordinary Personal Training course. Changing careers to become a serious fitness professional takes more than just getting qualified....Our courses are more expensive than other courses. They are more comprehensive than other courses, and they are not suitable for everyone.
Click to get latest personal trainer guide and full course prospectus.
GET YOUR ULTIMATE PT GUIDE
Download our latest Guide to PT Success plus full course prospectus including pricing.
Request a copy of our full course prospectus and discuss your career options in more detail.
01743 770 600
© Copyright European Institute of Fitness 2015 | Bryn Tanat Hall, Llansantffraid, Powys SY22 6BA
Tel: 0845 0944 007 • Careers Office 01743 770 600 | Terms/Privacy
BACK TO TOP